Google
 

lunes, agosto 13, 2012

INXS - Need You Tonight


NXS - Need You Tonight (Need You Tonight (7'' Single) (1987)) (Version 2009) Written by: Michael Hutchence , Andrew Farriss Liner Notes: "1987 .We had finished touring "Listen Like Thieves" .We had started recording the next studio album ........"Kick". We took a short break. I had written several pieces of music at home in Sydney. Michael was living in Hong Kong at the time. We had decided to get together in Hong Kong and song write. I had packed my bag and called a taxi to take me to the international airport. While the taxi was approaching I thought I'd just mess around musically for a little while on my 8 track. I suddenly found myself playing the riff and chords that eventually became "Need You Tonight". The taxi driver was oblivious to my creative urges and reminded me that unless I got in the cab I was going to miss my flight. I grabbed the demo and a rough cassette copy of the song and got in the cab. Sunday 21st June. I flew to Hong Kong and drove to the Watson Estate where we were to spend the next 2 weeks writing. I met Michael and played him some of the music I had already written in Sydney. We listened to the different song ideas, including "Kick", "Need You Tonight" and others. As soon as he heard the music to "Need you Tonight" he immediately started writing the lyrics. Michael was always naturally gifted in his ability to articulate his thoughts poetically on paper. "Need You Tonight" was our first world wide number one hit." -- Andrew Farriss There is: Featured in the movie "Coyote Ugly", Featured in the game "Name That Tune Eighties" Lyrics: Come over here All you got is this moment The twenty first century's yesterday You can care all you want Everybody does, yeah that's ok So slide over here And give me a moment Your moves are so raw I've got to let you know I've got to let you know You're one of my kind I need you tonight 'cause I'm not sleeping There's something about you girl That makes me sweat So, how do you feel I'm lonely What do you think Can't think at all What cha gonna do Gonna live my life So slide over here And give me a moment Your moves are so raw I've got to let you know I've got to let you know You're one of my kind I need you tonight 'cause I'm not sleeping There's something about you girl That makes me sweat So, how do you feel I'm lonely What do you think Can't think at all What cha gonna do Gonna live my life How do you feel I'm lonely What do you think Can't think at all What cha gonna do Gonna live my life So slide over here And give me a moment Your moves are so raw I've got to let you know I've got to let you know You're one of my kind www.inxs.com