Google
 

martes, diciembre 04, 2012

The Cinematic Orchestra - Lilac Wine


Lilac Wine" is a music video directed by Vanessa Marzaroli of Bl:nd to celebrate Dr. Marten's 50th anniversary. The song is Cinematic Orchestra's rendition of the cult classic, "Lilac Wine," made popular in the early 90s by Jeff Buckley. Inspired by Spencerian Calligraphy, "Lilac Wine" is hypnotic as subtle movements transition incarnations of lost love. Like sheet music, the design pairs perfectly with the drifting music, in and out of solitude. The beauty of this graphic language is no surprise coming from a company with a history of creating some of the most iconic black and white spots in the industry. Vanessa Marzaroli, creative director of the 2006 music video for Gnarls Barkley's "Crazy", tells us more about "Lilac Wine" "Lilac Wine" lyrics: I lost myself on a cool damp night I gave myself in that misty light Was hypnotized by a strange delight Under a lilac tree I made wine from the lilac tree Put my heart in its recipe It makes me see what I want to see And be what I want to be When I think more than I want to think I do things I never should do I drink much more than I ought to drink Because it brings me back you... Lilac wine is sweet and heady, like my love Lilac wine, I feel unsteady, like my love Listen to me... I cannot see clearly Isn't that she coming to me nearly here? Lilac wine is sweet and heady, where's my love? Lilac wine, I feel unsteady, where's my love? Listen to me, why is everything so hazy? Isn't that she, or am I just going crazy, dear? Lilac Wine, I feel unready for my love, Feel unready for my love.